Thanks to everyone who gave our first event a fighting chance. I feel that the community we built this event was a really, really good one, and that gives me a lot of hope for the future.
Some highlights from where I'm standing:
Hearing that someone had already been blinked into the river (well done Scott).
Martin: You trained and armed civilians and now you want to take their liquor away? Seraphina: Oh, yea, it's a real terrible idea.
Also, Osmond having the courtesy to ask what she was going to school for.
Successfully channeling my friend Marco as hard as I could while playing Estellise, and also squawking at Matt when I got back.
Setting up the "fort" for the supply run mod, and then watching it become exactly as fun as we thought it would be (albeit shorter).
Jess and Gill's Drake noises.
Adventures in talking ritual with the Khadan guys and hearing all their wacky ideas (and getting my magic fluency tested a bit).
Araris's willingness to down "moonshine" (soylent).
Sending out Tom as a mildly incompetent assassin, and then being regaled for hours with tales of "The Shadow". This was my first time actually staffing a game, and while the majority of the credit for that goes to Tom, it's still a weird feeling to hear players go on about something you sent out for HOURS.
Seeing how generally excited everyone was to play these characters with this system. I am impressed with how intensely into our setting and cultures many of you are, and I can't wait to get my hands dirty with some of these plots.
Warden Theresa Sangyal | Seraphina Brewers | Estellise DeMaire | Ayrina Llewellyn | Dutchess Greta Svartorn | Lady Sakura Adenoue | The Maiden of the Spring | Mizuali Rao | Edith Crowe | Professor Ruquaya Zeyman | Sister Leanne Yates | Jori Machkino | Olivia Pietro | Karin Kirvalis | Sabeen Torosian | Councillor Farrah Yasimi | Mother Almaya | Ebonine Grimm | First Light of Inspiration | Talia Re'yish
From what I can remember in my sleep deprived state:
1-During the Sunday fight turning to paul and telling him not to respawn, Klye over hearing me as I got up out of game. Kyle: That's stupid you should respawn! I am down to only 2 blood At that exact moment Brock dashes out of the tree line from behind him, and hits him twice
2-Running a Mages Guild meeting that was entirely about Magic and how it works, this was one of the goals of the system and I was very happy to see it come true.
3-Watching you guys run through the train we built, and the differences between the different groups as how they handled it was amazing.
4-Not going to lie, firing a rocket into a group of people is a lot of fun
5-Seeing everyones reaction to the sixth kingdom, especially the reveal of the spirit lights and the archway
6-Having an incredibly supportive player base while we struggled to get everything moving
Last Edit: Jun 15, 2016 4:16:47 GMT -5 by Sheppard
1. The Legend of the Shadow will never die. I lost my voice from laughing for three straight hours. 2. Just about everything Adam Hurley said as I554C 3. Finding Dravail sleeping in the crook of a tree, he looked amazing. The other people from Adan (sp?) coming up over the hill from the blighted zone, while OOG I knew a bit what their deal was, IG it was mildly terrifying to see them coming from somewhere that was guaranteed death. 4. The Drake fight around the above encounter. Nick, Jess and (don't know her name) were great. 5. The supply run encounter was fantastic. I came around the side to try and get Rick Astley, only to see that there was no wall on that side. I quickly ran away from a hail of bullets. 6. The spirits in the Sixth Kingdom were really haunting (pun fully intended). It felt super creepy. 7. Matt looked AMAZING as the Spirit of the Hunt. That whole felt felt super deadly. 8. The train mod!!! Jeff's been talking about running a train mod for years. Congrats man, it was great! 9. How we switched from giggle fit about the Shadow to super serious in a hearbeat when Thran plot happened Saturday night. Details redacted. 10. Finally PCing again. Thanks everyone on staff, I had a blast and can't wait for the fall.
1~ Drinking, Laughing, Threatening, ... and Drinking @ The Thran Table
2~ Silas gathering information and then immediately disappearing "I don't know about you guys, but I hope he was never real"
3~ Blight Ducks
4~ our porch being a congregation spot for friends, players, and npc alike
5~ "Why are there like, 15 glasses on your table?" *points at Thran table* -Seraphina "Hmm..i don't know" "Yea, we use bowls" *motions toward stack of bowls* - Members of Thran Table
7~ "Shadow is Legion"
8~ Seeing the spirits across the lake light up and then getting to interact with them. Chilling, awesome and aesthetically pleasing.
9~ baby draaaaaakes
10~ Saturday Night
Mostly, it really felt like I was surrounded with friends this weekend, and that's something I think is really important when it comes to enjoying this game or any LARP. So kudos to directors, staff, PC's and NPC's for helping to create that atmosphere.
I'm definitely forgetting a lot of awesome/hilarious moments, will edit them in as I remember them:
1. Train mod, recall Jeff wanting to do a train-heist mod in Echo, was so pumped that's how the game started.
2. Watching the first SteamJack come out from being the building, they look fantastic and terrified Ahri.
3. Ahri and Rashaad alone in the tavern early Saturday morning when Eskander and Isaac first show up. I'll admit, for the first second, I thought I was looking at a couple NPCs coming to kick the shit out of us. Was VERY relieved to find you WEREN'T here to kill me (yet). Absolutely love the sounds Isaac makes as he moves, soooo good.
4. Us baiting a drake into throwing fire at Silas, who Blinked out of the way to let the fire ignite a door charge so we could make it to the engine room. Very cool.
5. The Mages Meeting. Very cool learning about new symbol the first event. I'm so pleased that there are other Thaumaturgists in town who seem to have a very good grasp on the magic system for both practical and theoretical spellcasting. Can't wait to see what we do next.
6. The Other Worlders. Wasn't on the mod where you guys entered, but I heard it was fantastic, and loved talking with you guys. Definitely want to learn more about the history of the Other World.
7. Blinking Bullets/Rockets. Need to do some research.
8. Entering Galdria. The ritual went perfectly, but oh boy, I didn't expect all those spirits to appear like that, that was awesome.
9. Fighting the Spirit of the Hunt. Definitely my favorite fight of the event, at some points felt like a badass and other points I felt like the glass-cannon I am. Ton of fun.
10. The Shadow Council. God dammit.
11. Laying on the ground thinking this might actually be my first death, being saved and then immediately subdued by --REDACTED--. So good.
So many good moments, had a blast, can't wait for the next expedition!