Thanks for making another memorable event everybody! Special thanks to all the new players, you are rad and we love you. Here are just some of my highlights:
-The degree to which people seemed to enthusiastically love all the food. Your validation fuels me.
-Late night info dump, embellished with numerous jokes about Cicero's "good sturdy plank".
-The roller coaster that was watching Lupo flee from bounty hunters, and then enthusiastically agree to forfeit his arm.
-"My business is my own." "...Wow, he actually said it."
-The power sibling duel of the century.
-The looks on town's faces when the ghost witch appeared. YOU WILL FACE THREE CHALLENGES.
-Team Strength's victory barking.
-Sitting in the kitchen hearing the Nightmare kick off.
-"Where is Jahz?!" "He is safe." "Are you the one that helped us?" "No. No one helped you. No one harmed you. None of this happened." "...WHAT?!"
-Everything about underwater mod v2. Including all of the behind the scenes prep, and seeing everyone involved get absolutely giddy about it, up to and including "His name is Abraham. We bonded. He is my son now." Also the hilariously met-gala look of the tentacle dress before the blackout mask went on.
-Being a voice in the dark. Loots of great lines, the highlight quite possibly being: "And where was the dream that saved Araris?"
Post by Dr. Yuki Fukurō on May 28, 2019 18:59:31 GMT -5
As this was my first LARP ever, I enjoyed everything that happened and can't wait for the next event. My two main highlights though were:
- Heart surgery on Lupo. Was not expecting that at all but I loved every minute of it and was great practice for me. It was a whirlwind of events to be honest, with Lupo running from the bounty hunters and then Aliyah offering Lupo's heart for a finder's fee. Almost killed Lupo in the process but overall a fun time.
- Other top moment was when Aliyah'Vihaan reanimated an electro zombie and followed it around "scouting". The whole "distraction" part of the mod was hilarious!
Post by Aliyah'Vihaan on May 29, 2019 14:20:21 GMT -5
The Discussion, theory-crafting, and fall out of the Vision.
Talking to various players about it has fundamentally made Aliyah'Vihaan re-evaluate his outlook about himself, purpose, his priorities, and of course the future (that may) come. The ambiguity of it, as well as what future he WANTS. What variables lead down that road? Will I recognize them when they stand before me so that corrective actions can be taken? Or will hindsight haunt me, leaving me with nothing but an unaccepted apology ("I'm so sorry")?
Virgil's demise of course. Such a glorious set up (if I do say so myself).
Tavern of Blight “Nope, burn it down, we’ll drink in the Knight’s Rest”.
Me : “She’s dominated?” Jhaz :“Yes”. Me : “She’ll answer my questions?” Jhaz :“Yeah”. Me : “Did you think I was charming?”
Vrraj : EXCUSE ME!!
Me : Did you hear that Vrraj? Your sister said I was charming. That’s the second time in two days.
“Ok fine. What if you gate a pig into another pig’s gate, and then gate THAT pig into its own gate?” “I think you get bacon”.
Berit : “A shark? Ba- by shark do-do-do-do....”
*Eye daggers from Andrea at me* “YOU did this to me, didn’t you?!?”
Me : “I swear it wasn’t me, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t glad it happened”
Moana Blight Song
Actually getting time to talk to Deva.
All of the Shadow Plane. Andrea already pointed out the best line, but my other favs : -Ahri’s cackle -“Did you hear that? You see how privileged he is? He doesn’t understand”. -I could kill them ALL. Have ALL their gems. It would be so EASY, Fadri.”
Nightmare time, which may actually give me nightmares.
Spending all my downtime trying to get to know the new players
Post by Inquisitor Crowley on May 30, 2019 6:43:07 GMT -5
This event was awesome, easily one of the best groups I've had a chance to play with, and there were definitely more than a few standout moments.
- Meeting everybody in our trial-by-fire run through the Blighted Zone. Seeing Aliyah'vihaan for the first time and immediately assuming he was the baddie because of his dark cape and scary mask (but he's not evil, he's just Thrannish).
- The first outing with Wally and seeing the war jack for the first time. Taking it down for all the Althaenian children, definitely.
- The shrine of Wrath and all the theorycrafting that surrounded it, culminating in the archaeologist sneaking around our circle quietly trying to convince people to stick their hand in it.
- The Jellyfish Dance.
- Some poor fey getting disengaged straight into my waylay. Teamwork!
- Team Grace dropping their swords and swatting bugs out of their faces, then vanishing into the woods for a worryingly long time. "I can't hear them, so they're either doing very well, or VERY poorly."
- Dr. Oz's very Bastelm advice to Silas after the trials and the subsequent inspiration to use my broken cane as a brace in the last couple fights.
- Aliyah'vihaan's bedside manner after resetting Silas' maimed leg. "I hate you!" "Inquisitor, I forgive your ignorance. Inquisitor, don't give in to your wrath! *extends arms for a hug*"
Just in general, it can be very hard to stay true to character as a dour, gloomy sort when you've all got me grinning like an idiot every other sentence.
- "Did the bard just lick the skull?"
- "Gather up all of the feet, we're going to attach them to the Inquisitor!" "NO!"
It was an all around awesome weekend, and I'm sure there are moments that aren't coming to mind now, but meeting all of you was a blast and I look forward to our next expedition!